Sunday, February 10, 2008

LONG TIME NO SEE

Well I haven't written for so long that i have so much to say and dont know where to start. I was really wanting this blog to be more like a journal/life history and did really well at first but have slacked off.
One of my news years resolutions this year was to read my scriptures every night to keep up with the lessons in Sunday school. I have a very hard time understanding the scriptures therefore in my life I haven't been a very good reader. Well I found the most amazing book to help me. You hear those stories of people reading the book of morman in one day and not being able to put it down and I have never understood that because I have a hard time reading a chapter a night. Not that I dont like to read but like I said that I have a very hard time understanding them. So I got the book Book of Morman made easier and I love it. I totally understand not being able to put it down. I love it. I finally understand what is going on. Aaron would always try to explain things to me when we would read together but it just isn't the same. So to anyone out there with the same problem as me having a hard time understand the book of morman language I would recomend this book.
On Saturday, February 9th we had Jessica's last baby shower. It was held at the office and we had invited a bunch of the patients from the office. Jessica was convinced that no one would come but we had a great turn out and a great time. We see our patients at least monthly so we become very good friends with them. We had a lot come with their grandkids which are the same age of my kids. We always talk to eachother about our kids/grandkids so it was fun to finally see all of the kiddies. After the shower me and Jess went to Babies R Us on a fun shopping spree. This is so much fun for me and as jessica says she can really use the help becuase she doesn't know anything about having babies. She is very appreciative of all my help. She said she would still be in babies r us wondering around not knowing what to get and very overwhelmed. I love helping out with baby stuff it is so fun.

4 comments:

The Tracy's said...

I have heard about that same book from several friends and just started reading it tonight. I love it too. Good New Years resolution. I have had life changing experiences as I have consistantly read. Keep me posted.
Trudy

Anonymous said...

That is a great New Year's Resolution! I too made that one. Then when President Hinkley passed someone started a challenge to read the BOM in 97 days becuase that was how old he was when he died. So I am doing that now. Matthew and Melanie gave us a book set that goes along with the BOM. It is a commentary of the BOM. They don't make it easier to understand, but they provide insight into what everything means. It is great! It takes a lot longer to read though becuase there is sooo much info!
GOod luck!

Melanie said...

What a great resolution! I think you're doing a fabulous job of documenting your family's life on your blog! You can't catch everything, but what you write will mean so much to you. Yay for baby shopping sprees (on someone else's wallet)!!!

The Tracy's said...

Kim,
I am tagging you. Go to my blog to get the details and the rules.
Trudy