Monday, February 11, 2008

Young Womens Camp

Well the cannon fourth ward is going to entrust the young women in my hands again this year for girls camp. I am so flippen excited that it is finally time to start planning and get ready for girls camp. I know a lot of people think I am high on something that I would ever want to have this calling for the third year in a row but I completly love it. I would probably say to all you and your callings that I am so greatful for the calling I have becuase it is just up my alley. I am very excited for this experience again and I hope I can help the girls in what ever areas they need help in. As everyone knows though I am a very high stresser and I have to take medications for that but I have already had one round of shingles just stressing to much about calling my helpers. I have that task over so now we move on. Well I am open for any ideas that anyone would like to give. I have found some wonderful websites but the more help the better. The bishop bore his testimony very strongly to me about deligation so I will listen to that. The stake theme for camp is "LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE" so the theme that I am going to do for our ward to go along with the stake and also the world wide theme 2008 for the youth is "CONSTANT AS A NORTH STAR". This theme comes from the most beautiful song about President Hinkley laying out under the stars at night and noticing that all the stars moved but one the north star. Everyone needs to read the lyrics to this song it is so good. Well everyone wish me luck and I expect everyone to come out and support our young women at our yearly fund raiser to help earn the funds for camp which will be April 19th. We dont know what we are doing for sure yet but please keep posted.
1. When President Hinckley was a boy,he slept outside for fun.He noticed all the stars would move,except for one.
2. Discouraged while in the mission field,he read these words from home:“Forget yourself and go to work.”His heart was stirred to
3. So if you’re discouraged or confused,just think of that bright star.Remember what our prophet saidAnd who you are.
Chorus: Be constant as the North Star that shines for you and me,Anchored in the gospel with pure integrity,Steadfast in your service to God and fellowman.President Hinckley has shown us that we can.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

what a perfect theme! I love it! Yay for your calling! I'm dying to know who you called to help you! How neat! I'm also very excited to come to the fundraiser & can't wait to hear the details as they unfold. BTW, just tried to call you back & couldn't reach you. xoxo

Cris said...

I can't imagine being so excited about going to camp. You are one in a million. The girls are in for a real treat with you being their leader. I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

That is a great song, and a great place to get a theme from!

Have fun planning camp!

Mom Wms. said...

I have tagged you. Trudy showed me how. You better get going. I havn't seen a post lately. Check out my blog. Happy Birthday Aaron. I gave your card to Angie but you didn't go to the dinner which was very smart. I didn't go either. I hope you had a happy day.
Love,
Grandma