Thursday, January 29, 2009

FREE ZOO DAY!















Well what another very busy day off. It started off with the much dreaded yearly women exam. That was first thing in the morning so I could have it done and over with. Then the fun begins. I drove back to Angie's where the boys were and we all got dressed and ready to go to the zoo for free zoo day. Yes it was snowing and pretty cold outside but I was going anyways. Also to make it even funner I offered to help out a friend in need and took their two kids also. So I had Riley and Ciaran both 4 1/2 Cabhan and Cole both 3 1/2 and then Cora who is 8 months. We all piled in Angie's mini van (thanks Ang for letting us borrow the bigger car so we could all go together) and we were off to the zoo. Beckie and Melissa met me there too with their two kids each. Well we had a blast. Yes at first it was snowing and we just basically moved from one building to the next but by the time we were at the bears the kids were shedding their coats and were way hot. We had such a fun day and it was great to see Melissa and Beckie again and their kids. So we had Ciaran, Cabhan, Cady, Connor, Cole, Cora, Riley, Alexa and Gracie. Thats a lot of C names but it was fun. We laughed a lot and the kids played a lot. They were still mostly interested in the snow on the ground and rolling around and playing in that then in most of the animals but its all good because it was free. After the zoo we all piled in the van again and I thought for sure they would all zonk out but no such luck. Then we went back to my apartment so I could get stuff done and the kids all just played it was great. I love kids and had five of my own and most people would say I was crazy for taking five kids under the age of 5 to the zoo and to hang at my house but that is what I love and we had a blast. After all thats what life is all about is having kids and giving service to others and I felt so good inside knowing that I was helping out Angie and Zach and Jodi by taking their kids for a day to help them out. I thank my Heavenly Father everday for the two beautiful spirits he has blessed my life with and hope and pray that I raise them in a way that is pleasing unto him.

0 comments: