Saturday, March 1, 2008

TENDER MERCIES



As I am sure everyone knows my younger sister Jessica gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on February 20th, 2008. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20 inches long. I have not done a post on her yet becuase I dont have a camera and so I didn't have any pictures of her but my mom emailed me some so now I can finally do it. It was a long day of waiting for all of us especially Jessica and Jay. They arrived at the hospital around five and the nurses almost sent Jess home around seven am because even though she was having major contractions she wasn't dialated at all and you have to dialate for them to consider you in labor I guess. Thank goodness her doctor was there and making the rounds around seven and came in and told her if he could break her water she could stay and have this baby today. So after a long day of just waiting and never dialating past a 2 the doctor gave her a choice of having a C-section and Jessica agreeed. She was tired and ready to be done with waiting.

Jessica was born with a cleft pallit cleft lip which always made her nervous to have kids not wanting to pass that "defect" on to them. I remember when Ciaran was born she would just stare at his lips and nose at how perfect they were and I just new she longed for that in her own kids oneday. Well she did deliver a perfect little baby girl with the most perfect mouth and nose that you could ask for. Infact in most of the pictures that I have at the office people ask if she has lip gloss on. Her little perfect lips just glitter and shine like saying look at me. This was such a tender mercy for all of us to see Jessica get this perfect gift from our Heavenly Father after all she has been through. She has had so many surgeries we have all lost count but this last surgery she had (C-section) she received the best gift ever and and I think it was Heavenly Fathers way of saying good job sticking through everything you have been through and here is my reward to you. Congradulations Jessica and Jay you have a beautiful perfect baby girl and she is certainly a gift from heaven.

5 comments:

The Tracy's said...

Oh Kim, That is so sweet and I would have to agree. I remember well the day that Jess was born. She has been so strong through all of her many surgeries and I love the thought that Elyse is her gift. You're such a good sister and aunt and they are lucky to have you. Great post!
Trudy

Doug & Angie Gray said...

That is cute Kim. She is quite perfect.
Angie

CHILI said...

So cute. She will be a great mom, and hopefully you will be a good aunt. jk I found the other day in doing my cleaning some of Aaron's magic tricks...I am not sure why I have them, but you need to come to dinner and get them. Whit

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Oh Kim I just read your blog today and it brought me to tears. That was so nice of you. Thank you for all that you've done for me. You are an amazing sister.
Jess

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Thank you for writing that Kim... I'm too choked up to write anything else.

thank you

jay